SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has announced closures to all public areas of church-owned buildings in and around Temple Square amid coronavirus concerns in Utah.
The closures will begin Friday, March 13 at 5 p.m. until further notice, according to the Church’s communication department.
The buildings that will be closed include:
- Conference Center
- Assembly Hall
- North Visitors’ Center
- Family History Library
- Church History Museum
- Relief Society Building
- Church Office Building
- Beehive House
- Church History Library
Church officials say construction work on the Salt Lake Temple will continue as planned. At Welfare Square, operations will remain open but public tours are temporarily discontinued going forward.
- Governor Herbert renews State of Emergency
- 3 more deaths, 1,077 test positive for COVID-19 in Utah
- Canyons School District convenes for emergency meeting following COVID-19 outbreak at Corner Canyon High School
- COVID-19 cases rise, Salt Lake County Mayor sends message to residents urging caution
- Can you have the flu and COVID-19 at the same time?