FARMINGTON, Utah (ABC4 News) Lagoon employees are being credited for handling a very scary moment for some of it’s visitors after prop caught fire at the Frightmares attraction Saturday night.
One of those guests, Kyle Stringham, captured the event as it unfolded Saturday night around 8 p.m. on his phone.
“The fire took place in the night walk haunted house. My wife and I were actually midway through the haunted house when we came into a large room with a 12 foot tall Grim Reaper that when we looked up the face actually caught on fire and that ignited the ceiling and the cloak it was wearing and the entire room started,” said Stringham. “My wife and I were evacuated immediately and all the people inside of the haunted house were pulled through the fire exits and push to safety.”
Farmington Fire Chief Guido Smith said they were dispatched to the area at about 8:25 p.m. and were on scene within five minutes. When crews arrived, the fire had already been extinguished by the employees and security staff at the park.