SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – Rapper Kanye West brought his “Sunday Service” to Utah.
The Gateway announced “Sunday Service” – Kanye West featuring The Sunday Service Collective for Saturday, October 5 just hours before the event.
Salt Lake City Mayor Jackie Biskupski alluded to the upcoming concert with a tweet warning residents about traffic with General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and other events including a “potentially large event at The Gateway.”
That didn’t stop the crowd from showing up. The show started at noon but thousands flocked to the Gateway Plaza hours before for a chance to see Kanye.
The Grammy-winning artist recently held his outdoor worship service in Cody, Wyoming where he owns a ranch. The concert attracted thousands of people.
West performed with a choir of 80 singers. The music included 14 choir pieces focused on worship and nontraditional hymns, as well as reworked versions of songs by No Doubt and Nirvana.
Check out photos from West’s Sunday Service performance during the 2019 Coachella Valley Music And Arts Festival in April.
- 26-year-old man stabs grandmother multiple times in Millcreek
- Update: Teen with autism found safe
- Students learning to be tech-savvy in online world
- SWAT standoff over after suspect who assaulted boy then fired shots at an adult male taken into custody
- Funeral plans announced for Mac Christensen, Mr. Mac retail founder