SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – As state leaders continue their request that people wear masks in public, rumors started to spread about whether you can wear a mask while also carrying a concealed weapon.
The Department of Public Safety took to social media to dispel any rumors regarding individuals who were under the impression that it was a crime to wear a mask and carry a concealed weapon, saying there is no law that would prohibit the two of these being done at the same time.
Additional comments under the post indicated it was a federal crime, however, after checking with the Utah Department of Justice, they said it is not a federal crime either as concealed carry laws are only under the jurisdiction of the state.
- K-9 recovering from being shot by chase suspect in Clinton
- Second stimulus checks: Trump executive orders leave $1,200 payments in limbo
- Man selling car to couple in West Valley City robbed at gunpoint, had vehicle stolen
- DMV to stop sending car registration renewals by mail
- Fire near Fruitland damages 3 structures, 24 others threatened, Highway 40 reopened