SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – As state leaders continue their request that people wear masks in public, rumors started to spread about whether you can wear a mask while also carrying a concealed weapon.
The Department of Public Safety took to social media to dispel any rumors regarding individuals who were under the impression that it was a crime to wear a mask and carry a concealed weapon, saying there is no law that would prohibit the two of these being done at the same time.
Additional comments under the post indicated it was a federal crime, however, after checking with the Utah Department of Justice, they said it is not a federal crime either as concealed carry laws are only under the jurisdiction of the state.
- Beehive Blitz – Second Round Playoffs
- ‘The most beautiful, loving, and amazing soul’ says family of woman killed in Midvale homicide
- How do you test wastewater for COVID-19?
- Utah issues emergency alert due to rapid spread of COVID-19
- Kansas recalls hundreds of license plates over concern of racial slur