MOSCOW (AP) — The Islamic State group is claiming responsibility for an attack on a police post in southern Russia.
Russian officials say one police officer was killed and three were injured when two men attacked a police post in Magas, the capital of the republic of Ingushetia, on Tuesday.
News reports said the attackers hit one police officer with their car and stabbed three others.
One of the attackers was killed when police opened fire and the other was wounded.
Ingushetia is in the northern Caucasus region, where police and Islamic militants have clashed.
A statement on an IS-affiliated website Thursday claimed two police were killed and did not mention attacker casualties.
What others are clicking on:
- Officials identify teen who died in avalanche while snowmobiling with his dad
- After cashing in on QB gambles, Niners, Chiefs in Super Bowl
- Mostert lifts 49ers to Super Bowl with 37-20 win vs Packers
- Chiefs’ Reid headed back to Super Bowl after long absence
- Not All Mahomes: Chiefs defense shuts down Titans game plan