UTAH (ABC4) – Drivers, plan ahead as road closures starting this weekend along I-15 and Bangerter Highway will be affecting travelers in the area.
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) says bridge construction and maintenance are scheduled to take place in Salt Lake and Davis counties beginning this Friday.
Roads affected during construction:
- April 29 – May
- Northbound I-15 will be reduced to one lane for temporary paving and a traffic shift on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Lanes will close as early as 8 p.m.
- Traffic will shift from south of Parrish Lane in Centerville to the 200 West exit in Farmington.
- All lanes are scheduled to reopen by Monday, May 2 at 12 p.m.
- Bangerter Highway will close in both directions at SR-201 starting Friday, April 29 at 8 p.m. through Monday, May 2, at 5 a.m.
- The closure will facilitate pavement maintenance. UDOT says all right turns from the interchange ramps will remain open during this time, but all left turns will be closed.