WASHINGTON COUNTY (ABC4 News) – State fire officials say crews are fighting a human-caused fire that is threatening several structures Thursday night.
The “Spirit Fire” is burning an estimated 10 acres along the west side of Interstate 15 near Pintura.
Officials said two homes and three outbuildings are threatened, and the fire is 0 percent contained.
Firefighting efforts were hampered by poor access and rocky terrain, officials said.
Multiple agencies including Hurricane Valley Fire District, Utah Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands, Bureau of Land Management and US Forest Service responded to the fire.
The exact cause of the fire is under investigation.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Neighbors react as new details emerge in Layton Tinder Murder
- Longtime assistant coach Phil Johnson reflects on the life of Jerry Sloan
- Layton man admits to killing woman he’d just met on Tinder, police say
- Man killed, woman injured in rollover crash near Fort Duchesne
- Washington Co. SAR called to 5 rescues in one day