Amusement parks were meant to be all fun, but can the popular destinations actually be a danger to attendees? A local expert joined GMU with advice for staying safe.
Here is a list of the most recent amusement park accidents:
- Caleb Thomas Schwab, 10. Killed on a water slide at Schlitterbahn Waterpark in Kansas City, Kansas, on August 7.
- Briley Reynolds, 6. Suffered a traumatic brain injury in the fall from the Ferris wheel at the Greene County Fair in Tennessee on August 8. She is now in serious condition, according to Mountain States Health Alliance.
- Kayla Reynolds, 10. Broke her arm in the August 8 Ferris wheel accident.
- An unidentified 16-year-old. Fell from the Ferris wheel and was in critical condition but has since been released from the hospital.
- An unidentified 3-year-old boy. Fell from roller coaster at Idlewild and SoakZone park in Ligonier, Pennsylvania on Aug. 11.
- Elizabeth Gilreath, 11. Her scalp was removed when her hair got caught while riding a carnival ride in Omaha, Nebraska, May 9.