Newsfore Opt-In Form

House fire displaces Pleasant Grove family

News

Courtesy of Pleasant Grove City Fire

PLEASANT GROVE, Utah (ABC4 News) – A house fire displaced a Pleasant Grove family Wednesday.

The Pleasant Grove Fire Department said they responded to reports of a structure fire near Manilla Creek Park.

A natural gas meter had been compromised and sent a fuel-fed fireball blasting toward the roof of the home, according to fire officials.

Firefighters were able to suppress the flames in order to crawl to the gas meter to shut down the broken line, however, fire officials said the fire had already extended through the roof into the attic space.

Despite the tireless efforts of the firefighters, officials said the fire caused extreme damage to the home.

The cost of damage to the home is not known at this time.

What others are reading:

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News Videos

Why Vice President Mike Pence is in Utah

Layton police need help finding man in lewdness case

Flushable wipes causing a crap ton of repairs for Utah sewers

Simulation of boulder bouncing down the mountain

More Video News

Don't Miss

Hide Custom HTML H2 CSS