PLEASANT GROVE, Utah (ABC4 News) – A house fire displaced a Pleasant Grove family Wednesday.
The Pleasant Grove Fire Department said they responded to reports of a structure fire near Manilla Creek Park.
A natural gas meter had been compromised and sent a fuel-fed fireball blasting toward the roof of the home, according to fire officials.
Firefighters were able to suppress the flames in order to crawl to the gas meter to shut down the broken line, however, fire officials said the fire had already extended through the roof into the attic space.
Despite the tireless efforts of the firefighters, officials said the fire caused extreme damage to the home.
The cost of damage to the home is not known at this time.
What others are reading:
- Why Vice President Mike Pence is in Utah
- Layton police need help finding man in lewdness case
- El Paso Walmart to reopen, undergo renovations in months following mass shooting
- BYU hoping to finally end the rivalry losing streak
- A gravestone for Crystal: Woman finally gets a monument after 12 years in an unmarked grave