Being a first-time parent can be hard, but for those struggling with self-sufficiency, it can be even harder. The Salt Lake County Health Department is helping those parents through a nurse-family partnership. Registered nurse Cinthia Escalante-Magalhaes joined Good Morning Utah to talk about the program.
To learn more visit the health department’s website.
What others are reading:
- Medical call leads to shots fired and SWAT standoff in West Haven overnight
- Mandatory evacuations no longer in effect due to wildfire burning above Olympus Cove on SLC’s East bench
- Firefighters battling 2-alarm structure fire in South Salt Lake
- 2 firefighters help deliver baby boy in California parking lot
- Firefighters battle 2 wildfires in Tooele County