(WJW)– We are all familiar with the Neil Diamond classic, ‘Sweet Caroline,’ but now the singing legend is using his fan-favorite to send a friendly reminder in times of the coronavirus crisis.
Neil Diamond took to his social media accounts Saturday night to encourage fans. He said, “I know we are going through a rough time right now, but I love you and I think if we sing together, well we will feel a little bit better.”
Neil changed up his lyrics to Sweet Caroline to a song we all can sing together to help practice social distancing. Here are the new lyrics, “Where it began.. I can’t begin to knowing, but then I know it’s growing strong. Was in the spring, and spring became the summer Who’d have believed you’d come along. Hands, washing hands, reaching out, don’t touch me, I won’t touch you. Sweet Caroline…Good times never seemed so good. I’ve been inclined to believe they never would but now I look at the night and it don’t seem so lonely. We filled it up with only two.
And when I hurt, hurting runs off my shoulders, how can I hurt when holding you. Hands, washing hands, reaching out, don’t touch me, I won’t touch you..”
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- New omicron variant stokes world fears, triggers travel bans by US, others
- Stocks sink on new COVID variant; Dow loses 905 points
- New COVID variant, Omicron, labeled concern by WHO
- Utah adds over 2.4K COVID cases, 17 new deaths on Black Friday
- FDA: Merck COVID pill effective, experts will review safety