SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – Utah is in the middle of a heatwave, with temperatures hitting over 100 degrees. Heat illness happens fast, Intermountain Healthcare’s Dr. Grace Harris explains these 5 ways to prevent it.
Heat illness happens fast, Intermountain Healthcare’s Dr. Grace Harris explains these 5 ways to prevent it.
5 Ways to prevent heat stroke
- Don’t go outside of air-conditioned buildings.
- If you must be outside, stay in the shade.
- Wear lightweight and loose-fitting clothing when possible.
- Drink plenty of fluids with electrolytes while outside and participating in active pursuits.
- Never leave anyone in a parked car if it’s over 60 degrees F outside. Especially children, the elderly or pets
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Diné woman runs 360 miles to raise awareness on issues impacting Indigenous people
- Pickup truck bursts into flames on busy street in Layton
- Single-engine plane lands without landing gear in Wendover
- RSL wins Rocky Mountain Cup with wild 2-0 victory over Colorado
- K9 for Wendover Police Department sneaky escape route