Just when you thought your favorite nine layer dip couldn’t get any better… leave it to Shauna Havey to make it even more tasty! Layered with an array of crisp Greek vegetables, garlicky hummus, seasoned Greek yogurt, and fresh avocados, she shares her Mediterranean spin on this delicious dip.
Greek Salad 9 Layer Dip
- 2 Cups store bought hummus
- 2 avocados
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 Cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 Cucumber, diced
- 1/2 Cup diced red onion
- 1/3 Cup kalamata olives, sliced lengthwise
- 2 Tablespoons crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Spread hummus into the bottom of an 8 X 8 casserole dish.
- Cut avocados in half and scoop flesh into a large bowl. Squeeze in lemon juice and add 1 tsp of salt. Mash avocado with a fork. Spread avocado mixture into the casserole dish over the hummus layer.
- Mix Greek yogurt with the remaining teaspoon salt and the garlic. Spread yogurt mixture on top of the avocado layer.
- Next, layer on the lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onions, garlic, and feta.
- Sprinkle on the parsley and pepper for garnish.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- *The dip is best served the same day as the vegetables will cause it to be a bit watery after sitting. Serve with veggies, pita, crostini, or crackers.
Visit Shauna’s Instagram: @haveyourselfatime to follow her foodie journey and get more recipes!