SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Traffic safety partners throughout Utah will be hosting free classes and car seat checkpoints statewide.
This event will be held during Child Protective Services (CPS) week from September 15 to 21.
Officials say 60 percent of car seats are installed incorrectly
The leading cause of death for children under the age of 13 is motor vehicle crashes and officials say every 33 seconds a child is involved in a crash.
In an effort to keep children safe, law enforcement, firefighters and health officials are encouraging parents to visit a free car checkpoint.
A list of free car seat checkpoints include:
- Sept. 19 – Washington County
- Sept. 21- Salt Lake County
- Tooele County
- Davis County
- Sept. 24 – Weber County (by appointment only)
- Sept. 26 – Millard County
- Box Elder County (by appointment only)
- Sept. 28 – Salt Lake County
For additional details Click Here.
What others are clicking:
- Amid rising COVID-19 cases, two high schools to be closed for nearly a month
- Behind The Badge: On the road or on the case, Tracker Tim Cottrell is in it for the long run
- Utah deploys third group of firefighters to fight California wildfires
- Gubernatorial candidates comment on COVID-19 outbreaks on college campuses
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill