Firefighters warn of plugging space heaters into power strips

News
Umatilla County Fire District #1

UMATILLA COUNTY, Ore. (WCMH) — Firefighters in Oregon are reminding people that it can be dangerous to plug your space heater into power strips.

The Umatilla County Fire District posted a now-viral photo to its Facebook page November 26 that shows the aftermath of a space heater plugged into a power strip.

“We just wanted to remind you that you should NEVER plug a heater into a power strip. These units are not designed to handle the high current flow needed for a space heater and can overheat or even catch fire due to the added energy flow,” the Facebook post reads.

The picture, which shows the melted remains of a power strip, has been shared more than 22,000 times.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

John Legend PSA

Thumbnail for the video titled "John Legend PSA"

Latest News Videos

How do you navigate taking the keys away from an aging loved one?

Thumbnail for the video titled "How do you navigate taking the keys away from an aging loved one?"

Tech Tuesday

Thumbnail for the video titled "Tech Tuesday"

Chase Center honors Kobe Bryant

Thumbnail for the video titled "Chase Center honors Kobe Bryant"

What's next for tax reform?

Thumbnail for the video titled "What's next for tax reform?"

What to expect from this year’s legislative session

Thumbnail for the video titled "What to expect from this year’s legislative session"

Utah Eagle Forum’s top legislative priorities

Thumbnail for the video titled "Utah Eagle Forum’s top legislative priorities"
More Video News

Don't Miss