Update 7/28: The Allen Fire has now been 100 percent contained.
Update 7/17 6:30 pm: Utah Fire Info has reported, The Allen fire in Daggett Co. is 90 percent contained and still holding at 40 acres. The 4 hand crews assigned to the fire continue to make good progress as they secure containment lines and extinguish hot spots.
Update 7/14: The Allen Fire is estimated at 75-100 acres and is burning heavy timber. Several structures still remain threatened because of the flames. Officials are reporting that there is no containment of the fire yet. Crews will be working throughout the day on Tuesday to control the flames.
DAGGETT COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Firefighters are responding to a new wildfire northeast of Vernal.
The fire is estimated to have burned about 50-60 acres. The fire is burning in timber and is threatening one structure, according to fire officials.
The fire has been dubbed the Allen Fire but the cause of the fire is not yet known.
LATEST NEWS STORIES:
- 2 juveniles critically injured after vehicle lands upside-down into Jordan River
- Parleys Fire now 50% contained, Evacuations to be lifted at 8pm Sunday night
- Upper Provo Fire: Fire near Mirror Lake Highway now 78% contained
- Sunday morning fire rips through Salt Lake City business
- Truck crash and explosion closes I-15; burning rig seen dangling over bridge