ROY (ABC4 News) – Three people were saved by officers after a fire broke out at their home early Tuesday morning in Roy.
Video posted by the Roy City Police Dept. on Facebook shows the whole event unfolding at a home near 2000 West 3800 South.
In the video an officer is seen with one of the residents of the home.
Officers say they woke up the woman around 1:15 p.m. by banging on the front door.
The video shows officers usher the woman to safety and then she is heard begging them to help the others inside.
“Please get my sister and my nephew. Please! Please!” the woman is heard begging officers.
Officers are then seen running back to the home and throwing large rocks into the window to break the window.
“We’re going to get you out okay?” one of the officers says.
The officers pulled the two people and a dog out of the broken window.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
“We thank our officers who are here for our residents 24/7. We are grateful there were no serious injuries, and everyone in the home is safe,” the post stated.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Man on supervised release for April drive-by shooting accused of stabbing man at 7-Eleven
- FBI investigating killing of US women and children in Mexico
- Memoriam to be on display Wednesday for 27 teens killed on Utah roads in 2018
- Tampa soldier surprises HS seniors who started writing him letters in kindergarten
- Lockdown at Matheson Jr. High lifted, threat unfounded