SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – Firefighters were called to a structure fire, including two-semi trucks in Salt Lake City early Tuesday morning.
It started around 4 a.m. at Export Inc, located at 27 East Coatsville Avenue.
Firefighters say two semi-trucks carrying 28,000 pounds of used clothing were fully engulfed by flames, including a small shed. Both are total losses.
Portions of Main Street between 1700 South and 1800 South were closed for several hours, but have since reopened.
The business owner says his company buys used clothing from Deseret Industries to send out of the country. He estimates his loss at over $100,000.
There were no injuries reported.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Medical call leads to shots fired and SWAT standoff in West Haven overnight
- Mandatory evacuations no longer in effect due to wildfire burning above Olympus Cove on SLC’s East bench
- Firefighters battling 2-alarm structure fire in South Salt Lake
- Firefighters battle 2 wildfires in Tooele County
- Utah reports 632 new coronavirus cases and 5 new deaths Saturday