SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – Firefighters were called to a structure fire, including two-semi trucks in Salt Lake City early Tuesday morning.
It started around 4 a.m. at Export Inc, located at 27 East Coatsville Avenue.
Firefighters say two semi-trucks carrying 28,000 pounds of used clothing were fully engulfed by flames, including a small shed. Both are total losses.
Portions of Main Street between 1700 South and 1800 South were closed for several hours, but have since reopened.
The business owner says his company buys used clothing from Deseret Industries to send out of the country. He estimates his loss at over $100,000.
There were no injuries reported.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- How does Utah’s return to school compare to New York?
- Washington County breaks record for search and rescue calls in 2020
- PREVIEW: Debate night starts with Utah gubernatorial rematch between Cox and Peterson
- First Woman to Vote Honored by Correcting Misspelled Gravestone
- MISSING AGAIN: Police need help in locating missing 11-year-old from West Valley City