TOOELE COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Firefighters are responding to two wildfires in Tooele County Saturday.
The fire dubbed the Poverty Point fire is on the south end of the Lakeside Mtns and fire officials say it started at 2 p.m.
The fire is now estimated at 308 acres and is 0% contained, according to fire officials.
Investigators determined that this one was caused by the use of firearms in an area of dry vegetation.
Fire officials say the second fire started in the 5-mile pass area at 4:15 p.m. The fire has been named the Pony fire and is estimated at 5 acres.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
LATEST NEWS STORIES:
- Kamala Harris: Who is Joe Biden’s running mate?
- New team, same leadership: Jurrell Casey ready to wear the Orange and Blue
- Bluffdale police responding to fatal crash on Redwood road
- St. Geroge Marathon canceled after 43 consecutive years
- Pac-12 postpones all fall sports amid coronavirus pandemic