TAYLORSVILLE, Utah (ABC4 News) – Firefighters responded to a large fire that engulfed a vacant building at Salt Lake Community College Monday.
Fire officials say the fire started around 5:20 p.m. near 4600 South Redwood Rd. at the Taylorville campus of Salt Lake Community College.
The fire is reportedly in the Applied Technology building but no injuries have been reported as a result of the fire.
Fire officials say the building is under construction and the walls had been knocked down making it easier for the fire to spread fast. The building was reportedly vacant and there were no supplies inside the building at the time of the fire.
Crews from West Valley City fire, Unified fire, Murray and Taylorville fire are helping figh the fire and will be on scene for several hours to extinguish the fire.
ABC4’s Brittany Johnson is on scene with more details below.
The school thanked fire officials and first reponders for working hard to contain the fire.
The cause of the fire has not yet been determined.
LATEST NEWS STORIES:
- Woman arrested for deadly Utah County crash in May 2021
- Woman burned at Old Faithful in Yellowstone National Park
- Utah attorney general joins 24 others threatening legal action over Biden’s vaccine mandate
- ‘Want Gabby to be found safe’: Brian Laundrie’s sister speaks out
- World’s largest tree wrapped in aluminum blanket as wildfire races toward historic Giant Forest