SANDY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Two homeowners have been displaced after an attic fire in Sandy Sunday morning.
Fire officials say they received a call at 11:18 a.m. about an attic fire near 9600 South and 285 East. The homeowners started smelling smoke in the structure at 6 a.m. but they kept checking on the attic and couldn’t determine what was going on and that is when they called 911.
When crews arrived, they say they saw large amounts of smoke coming from the attic and found that the fire had spread through the entire attic.
Fire officials say the fire was put out in about 45 mins and the suspect an electrical issue caused the fire but that is still under investigation.
The Red Cross is reportedly assisting the displaced homeowners. and no injuries have been reported as a result of the fire.
The damage caused by the fire is estimated at $100,000.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Empty Utah: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Conference Center and Temple Square
- Empty Utah: The Shops at South Town
- President Nelson announces construction of 8 new temples throughout the world, one in Utah
- Mountain America Expo Center turned into alternate care site
- Tiger at NYC’s Bronx Zoo tests positive for coronavirus