OGDEN, Utah (ABC4 News) – Ogden City police continue to honor one of their own who was killed in the line of duty. Officer Nate Lyday, 24, was shot and killed on May 28 after responding to a domestic violence call.
Officer Lyday’s family, along with the Ogden Police Department hostedrolling candlelight vigil in honor of Officer Nate Lyday, on Thursday. Organizers wanted the vigil will be an opportunity for Officer Lyday’s family, his Ogden Police family and his community family, to remember, honor and mourn him.
The rolling vigil lasted about an hour as it traveled through the city, slowing at various locations which are important to Officer Lyday and his family. The ceremony also included a small procession of Ogden motors and police vehicles, Officer Lyday’s family and Officer Lyday’s police vehicle, which will be memorialized and carried on a flatbed trailer.
Officer Lyday’s police vehicle was placed in front of Lindquist Field where it will remain through his funeral services.
Memorial Vigil Route
- Start—2186 Lincoln Ave
- End—2300 Lincoln Ave
- Slow Down—2100 Custer
- Slow Down—Country Hills/Eccles (McKay Dee)
- Slow Down—Bonneville High (Front)
- Slow Down—Municipal Building (Front)
- Leave north on Lincoln Ave from the Francom Public Safety Building. Travel east on 21st St to Custer Ave. Turn south on Custer Ave. First slowdown 2100 Custer Ave.
- At Custer Ave turn west to Harrison Blvd.
- South on Harrison Blvd to Country Hills Drive.
- At Country Hills Drive turn west. Slow down in front of McKay Dee Hospital
- Follow Country Hills Drive to Washington Blvd where the procession will turn South on Washington Blvd.
- Turn west at 5000 south.
- Turn north at 150 east and proceed around Bonneville High School by turning west at 4900 south and north on 100 east.
- Turn east on 4800 south and proceed past the front of Bonneville High (slow down).
- Turn north on Washington Blvd until 26th St.
- Stop traffic at 25th St and move the procession into the southbound lanes of Washington Blvd. Stop in front of the Municipal Building. Moment of silence.
- Turn west on 25th St and proceed to Lincoln Ave.
- Travel north on Lincoln Ave to Lind