Update 10/28: The fire, called the Diamond Fire is now at 170 acres. Cres are still working to determine the cause.
Update 10/27: Sunday morning crews announced the fire was mapped at 152 acres, reducing the predicted acres burned by half.
SPANISH FORK CANYON, Utah (ABC4 News) – A fire in Spanish Fork Canyon forced evacuations Saturday.
Spencer Cannon with Utah County Sheriff’s Office said the fire is burning in Diamond Fork at the Diamond Campground and Wanrhodes.
The fire was initially estimated at about 20 acres but has now burned 300 acres, according to fire officials.
Cannon said Utah County Search and Rescue teams are responding to the fire and helping to evacuate any hunters or cabin dwellers in the area.
No structures have however been threatened at this time, according to Cannon.
This is a developing story. Updates will be posted as they become available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- UPDATE: Range Fire in Orem now 88% contained, over 3400 acres burned
- Here’s why Biden and Trump are laser focused on fracking
- ‘Mom code’: Parents reportedly avoid testing kids to keep Utah COVID-19 numbers artificially low
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- The human touch, two unsung heroes of the front lines of the pandemic