(ABC4 News) – Many people may use social media for catching up with family friends, but now Facebook is making its way into the news business.
The social media giant introduced Facebook News on Friday. The new section of the app will promote various news stories of the day. The section is currently in a testing phase.
It will become widely available to all Facebook users in a few months.
Facebook has hired a small team of journalists to curate the section.
Algorithms will come up with personalized recommendations for further reading.
What others are reading:
- Truck slams into Burgess Owens campaign headquarters
- Oklahoma mom warns of the dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after her son dies after a day on the lake
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson: Joe Biden is ‘the best choice to lead our country’
- Real Salt Lake plays Minnesota to scoreless draw
- Nearly 1,000 individuals buried in a forgotten Idaho cemetery, how you can help remember them