(AP) – Dywane Wade says he’s proud of his transgender daughter.
The retired basketball star spoke about support for his 12-year-old who now goes by Zaya on Tuesday’s “The Ellen DeGeneres Show.”
Wade says he and wife Gabrielle Union are determined to find all the information they can to be educated and informed about being parents of an LGBTQ child.
Wade also spoke about his friend Kobe Bryant who was killed along with eight others, including his daughter, late last month in a helicopter crash.
He said he set an example as a friend and in sports.
- Amid rising COVID-19 cases, two high schools to be closed for nearly a month
- Behind The Badge: On the road or on the case, Tracker Tim Cottrell is in it for the long run
- Utah deploys third group of firefighters to fight California wildfires
- Gubernatorial candidates comment on COVID-19 outbreaks on college campuses
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill