SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – Utah voters headed to the polls to cast their votes in the state’s first presidential primary held on Super Tuesday.
Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump won the Democratic and Republican primaries following a day of voting that set a record for turnout in a presidential primary.
Election officials said 2020 became the highest turnout for a presidential primary election in state history. As of 7 p.m., officials reported 32.% active voter participation.
- Son of retired police captain killed by looters pleads: ‘Step back from what you’re doing’
- COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on Salt Lake County revenue
- ‘Tragedy on every level’ says South Jordan mayor about double murder-suicide
- ‘If you can say you can’t breathe, you’re breathing:’ Mississippi mayor apologizes for tweets on George Floyd
- Both Tabby Canyon and North Stansbury fires 100 percent contained, officials say