SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) –Sen. Bernie Sanders held a rally at the Utah State Fairpark Monday.
Thousands of people braved the cold to hear what the senator from Vermont had to say.
“I am already a Bernie supporter already but hearing him hit home his policies will maybe convince people who are are not settled on him,” Clearfield resident Adonis Johnson said.
Earlier this month, the campaign announced a substantial expansion of its Utah operation with an increase in staff and a state headquarters in Salt Lake City.
Sanders was in Salt Lake just ahead of Utah’s Super Tuesday election.
“Medicare for all will be amazing for everyone and definitely we need more unity in this country,” Clearfield resident Sharina Streeter said.
Last time Sanders held a rally in Salt Lake City, the line of people to get into the event was over a mile long.
Back in 2016, Sanders won over Utah Democrats with 87 percent of the vote. We will just have to wait to see what happens on Tuesday.
WATCH THE FULL RALLY HERE:
What others are clicking on:
- Congressman McAdams discharged from hospital to continue COVID-19 recovery at home
- Checkpoints set up along Florida-Alabama border to keep COVID-19 from spreading in the sunshine state
- US coronavirus deaths double in two days, surpasses 2,000
- Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints killed in car crash
- Caught on Tape: Tornado tears through shopping area in Arkansas