SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – The Salt Lake City School District board voted in favor of students returning to in-person learning in school district board meeting held Tuesday evening.
The final plan, which was passed by a vote of 4-3 by the SLCSD board, will have the staggered following format:
-Students in Pre-K to 1st grade will return to in-person learning the week of January 25
-2nd and 3rd grade students will return to in-person learning the week of February 1
-Students in 4th, 5th and 6th grade will return to in-person learning the week of February 8.
The plan was adapted from the plan originally proposed by district superintendent Larry Madden which called for students to return Jan. 11, Jan. 19. Jan. 25.
All 40 schools in the district moved to online learning at one time due to COVID-19.
- Thunderstorms linger on Thursday ahead of holiday weekend
- Radio station in Canada has been playing Rage Against the Machine song on loop for over 24 hours
- Man loses half his weight after quitting bad habits ‘cold turkey’
- You may soon have some medical debt wiped from your credit report: Here’s why
- Ketanji Brown Jackson to be sworn in as Supreme Court justice: When to watch