SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – The Salt Lake City School District board voted in favor of students returning to in-person learning in school district board meeting held Tuesday evening.
The final plan, which was passed by a vote of 4-3 by the SLCSD board, will have the staggered following format:
-Students in Pre-K to 1st grade will return to in-person learning the week of January 25
-2nd and 3rd grade students will return to in-person learning the week of February 1
-Students in 4th, 5th and 6th grade will return to in-person learning the week of February 8.
The plan was adapted from the plan originally proposed by district superintendent Larry Madden which called for students to return Jan. 11, Jan. 19. Jan. 25.
All 40 schools in the district moved to online learning at one time due to COVID-19.
- Police arrest two men accused of shooting a man, dumping body in West Desert
- Utah blows 21-0 halftime lead and loses to Washington, 24-21
- BYU wins third straight game, beating Utah Valley, 82-60
- Encompass Health staff asking for clothing donations for Utah’s veterans
- Mysterious Utah Monolith disappears