EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — By December 1, all Dunkin’ restaurants across Southern New England will have phased out foam cups.
To usher in the use of double-walled paper cups for all hot beverages, the company has launched a new ad campaign to alert customers to the end of “double-cupping.”
That’s the practice of placing a foam cup outside of a plastic ice coffee cup for extra insulation and added waste.
“As we look ahead to how our brand can continue to serve both people and the planet responsibly, we wanted to proactively address this preventable habit that can contribute to unnecessary waste,” Dunkin’ Chief Operating Officer Scott Murphy said in a statement.
Dunkin’ still serves iced drinks in plastic cups.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- 6400 Fire 50% contained after destroying a home, structures near Fruitland
- K-9 recovering from being shot by chase suspect in Clinton
- Second stimulus checks: Trump executive orders leave $1,200 payments in limbo
- Man selling car to couple in West Valley City robbed at gunpoint, had vehicle stolen
- DMV to stop sending car registration renewals by mail