Utah (ABC4 News) – This Memorial Day we remember Jason R. Workman. Workman was a Chief Special Warfare Operator in the Navy. The 32-year-old was a native of Blanding, Utah.
Workman passed away on August 6, 2011 in Wardak Province, Afghanistan when his helicopter was shot down.
Related: We Remember: Army Spc. Cody J. Towse
Workman’s family and friends say he knew he wanted to be an elite soldier when he was around the age of 14 when his older brother graduated from West Point.
Workman left behind a wife and a young son.
What others are clicking on:
- What’s the process following an officer-involved critical incident in Salt Lake County?
- Heat intensifies by end of the week
- Police release body cam video, seek suspects in SLC riot
- Utah student face-covering guidelines, who decides them?
- You may get to see a new comet with only the naked eye