Utah (ABC4 News) – This Memorial Day we remember, Army Sgt. 1st Class James E. Thode, 45 who passed away on December 2, 2010 in Sabari district, Afghanistan. He suffered wounds when insurgents attacked his unit using an improvised explosive device.
Sgt. Thode was from Kirtland, N.M., and was a member of the Utah National Guard. He served in both Iraq and Afghanistan and was survived by a wife and two children.
Related: We Remember: Army Spc. Cody J. Towse
What others are clicking on:
- Police arrest 15-year-old who lead police on chase
- What’s the process following an officer-involved critical incident in Salt Lake County?
- Heat intensifies by end of the week
- Police release body cam video, seek suspects in SLC riot
- Utah student face-covering guidelines, who decides them?