(ABC4) – Every holiday has its perks, but none carry the same energy as Galentine’s day.
Now you may be wondering what is Galentine’s Day? Well, according to Urban Dictionary, Galentine’s Day is a day for celebrating the love you have for your lady friends, whether they’re single or not.
Typically celebrated on February 13, this day is dedicated to showering your closest friends with love and attention…more than you do every other day.
According to Cosmopolitan, the holiday came to rise in 2010 after Parks and Rec aired an episode called “Galentine’s Day”. In this episode, the main character Leslie Knope gathers a group of her closest gal pals for a brunch of waffles and love.
“Every February 13, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style,” Leslie says in the episode.
Now considering how the world currently sits in a global pandemic, it may be hard to celebrate Galentine’s in its usual sense. But we at ABC4 have you covered and we hope to share the ultimate guide on how you can celebrate Galentine’s day in 2021. Let’s go!
Create Virtual Invites
As some continue to socially distance, a fun way to celebrate the holiday can be through hosting it virtually.
Once you’ve settled on a theme and games, you’re all set to go! We at ABC4 recommend hosting the event through any ‘facetime’ like application, whether that be Zoom, Facebook Portal or Skype.
After you’ve selected your application, then schedule in your event and send out the invite to all your girls.
It’s crucial to have your invitations sent out as soon as possible so your girls can also have the day booked! So don’t forget!
Pick a Theme
The most essential element when planning a Galentine’s day event is choosing a theme. A theme sets the foundation for the party and adds for better detail! Picking a more specific theme will let you zero in on tiny details and make the get-together even more exciting.
Some ideas for your Galentine’s:
- Pajama party: Everyone wears Pjs
- Fancy night in: Everyone dresses up in their most formal attire
- Color-themed: Pick one color and use that as an overall theme for the event. For example, if you pick the color black, have everyone dress in only that color and make sure all your decorations coordinate.
- Spa Day: Host a spa day at your house. Face masks and cucumber water will leave your gal pals relaxed and rejuvenated.
- Cute Cooks: Host a cookbook club where everyone brings a dish from a designated cookbook. For the kitchen-savvy friend group, this is a fun way to taste multiple dishes. Have a Bake-off to make it even more exciting!
Create an Itinerary
After you have selected a theme, you will need to create an itinerary. This will be easy to do especially when you have a theme in place. An itinerary will allow you and your gals to know what to expect for the big day, and what things they will need to bring.
Some ideas for Galentine’s day activities could include:
- Cocktail Tutorial: Everyone picks their favorite drink and gives a tutorial on how to create it at home.
- Galentine’s fashion show: Have all your gals pick three outfits and sport them for an original Galentine’s day treat.
- Krazy Karaoke: Host a karaoke celebration this Galentine’s Day. Invite everyone over to live out their rockstar dreams. Take the party to the next level with fun wigs and costumes.
- America’s Next Top Model Home Edition: Have everyone set up a fun backdrop and have friends take turns snapping pictures of one another. Then, have a judging panel and pick the best one.
- Exchange Secret Cupid gifts: Think secret Santa but with a twist. Everyone picks a name out of a hat and shows up on Galentine’s Day with a gift, just like Cupid.
- Polaroid Postcards: Create cute Galentine’s day cards and take fun polaroids with the girls.
Once you’ve created an itinerary, make sure to include it when you send out your virtual invitations.
However you decide to celebrate your Valentine’s day, we at ABC4 wish you the best in your adventures.