Tesla owners may soon have cars that sound like horses, or goats, or farts.
CEO Elon Musk tweeted his company plans to launch customizable horn and movement sounds for its cars.
Movement sounds are artificially produced noises electric cars make to help warn pedestrians they are in motion since they run so quietly.
Most manufacturers opt for a futuristic “whirring” sound, but Musk wants coconuts, goats, and flatulence.
The coconuts are likely a reference to a scene in “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” where coconuts banging together were used to mimic the sound of a horse trotting.
As for the farts–it’s unclear the exact nature of the gas Musk has in mind.
The eccentric executive also says he may give owners the ability to upload their own sounds for the car’s horn.
What others are reading:
- Walt Disney World to reopen its Florida theme parks starting July 11
- Tropical Storm Bertha forms off the South Carolina coast
- SpaceX set to launch NASA astronauts to orbit in historic private spaceflight
- Biden calls Trump ‘an absolute fool’ for mocking masks during pandemic
- Red Cross helping families who lost loved ones to COVID-19