UPDATE (12/11/2019) – The body found Saturday in Garfield County has been identified as a man reported missing over four months ago.
According to a post on the Garfield County Sheriff’s Facebook, the man was identified as Stephen St. John, 67 who had been reported missing on August 2.
“The Garfield County Sheriff was informed by the Medical Examiner that the body discovered by Egypt Road in Escalante on Saturday 7, 2019 was positively identified as Stephen St. John,” stated in the post. “It was also his vehicle we located in the same area. Toxicology Reports have not been released to the Sheriff at this time.”
A cause of death has not been released.
GARFIELD COUNTY (ABC4 News) – The Garfield County Search and Rescue along with The Rocky Mountain Search and Rescue dog teams found a deceased person.
The body was in the area of Egypt Road near Escalante, Utah.
The body was taken to the Medical Examiner for identification and examination.
No other information is available at this time.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Tooele police need help finding more information about a hostage situation turned deadly
- Clearfield City to cancel youth sports
- Fremont High School football team forfeits playoff game due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Commission to mute microphones in next presidential debate