SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – The Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office said it will not file charges against a police officer who ran over a woman in March.
Investigators said a Unified Police Department officer responded to a “man down” call at Highline Plaza in Millcreek on March 5.
When the officer arrived, she drove around the parking lot looking for a person. Police said Europe was lying down in the parking lot and wearing dark clothing when the officer ran over her.
Investigators said the officer called for backup and medical personnel and began first aid. Europe was transported to the hospital where she later died from her injuries.
After conducting an Officer Involved Critical Incident review, the Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office determined the incident did not warrant criminal charges.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Weber State beats Montana to advance to FCS Semifinals for first time ever
- Mitchell, Bogdanovic rally Jazz past Warriors, 114-106
- Stamford teenagers save cancer patient trapped inside a burning vehicle
- Christmas display inspires nonverbal girl with autism to speak
- Judiciary Committee votes along party lines on articles of impeachment