DAVIS COUNTY (ABC4 News) – A woman died from injuries sustained in a five-car crash on I-15 Thursday afternoon.
Officials said the chain-reaction crash occurred due to heavy traffic and multiple vehicles following too closely near 5600 South in Roy.
The woman, now identified as Janica Lee McCloud, 42, of Roy, was transported to Ogden Regional Hospital where she later succumbed to her injuries.
Five other people involved were transported to hospitals with minor injuries.
Most of I-15 southbound was closed for about 90 minutes due to the crash.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Man selling car to couple in West Valley City robbed at gunpoint,vehicle stolen
- DMV to stop sending car registration renewals by mail
- Fire near Fruitland damages 3 structures, 24 others threatened, Highway 40 reopened
- Man arrested for child abuse after throwing 3-year-old in pond at Liberty Park
- Two new fires reported in Cache County Sunday afternoon