WEST JORDAN CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Copper Hills High school will close on Tuesday, September 22 after the Salt Lake County Health Department identified more than 15 active cases of COVID-19.
After investigating the circumstances, the Jordan School District Board of Education said in a letter to parents they determined that it is necessary to close the high school for deep cleaning and thorough disinfecting of the building.
The district added in their lettter:
- Virtual Parent-Teacher Conferences will move forward as previously scheduled on Tuesday, Sept. 22.
- All classrooms, offices, and common indoor/outdoor spaces will be closed on Tuesday, Sept. 22.
- Students and parents will not be allowed in the building on Tuesday, Sept. 22.
- Faculty and staff will be allowed in the building, if needed, to quickly gather instructional materials and leave on Tuesday, Sept. 22.
- All classes, in-person and online, are canceled on Tuesday, Sept. 22.
- All school activities are canceled on Tuesday, Sept. 22.
The district added that closing the school on Tuesday will allow custodians to continue their work thoroughly disinfecting the building.