Conrad Truman’s bail remains at $1 million cash

News
feedingamerica

PROVO Utah (ABC4 Utah) – A district court judge refused to reduce bail for Conrad Truman.

Truman was convicted of murdering his wife in 2013 and was is serving 16-years to life in the Utah state prison.

  But earlier this month Judge Samuel McVey who oversaw the trial ordered a new trial based on faulty evidence. 

Tuesday the same judge heard arguments to reduce Truman’s bail which currently is set at one million dollars cash.

Truman’s attorney argued the faulty evidence showed Truman is innocent of murder and should be allowed out of prison pending trial.  Attorney Mark Moffat requested bail be reduced to either $250,000 cash or $400,000 property bond.

“There is no evidence he shot his wife,” said Moffat during Tuesday’s bail hearing.

He repeatedly said Truman was innocent and doesn’t pose a threat to the community.

But deputy Utah Cou

nty attorney said there is “ample evidence” to find him guilty and requested bail remain the same.

In the end Judge McVey sided with the prosecution saying there was probable cause a murder happened.

(Conrad’s) bummed out he’s upset,” said Moffat. “You have this man stand up in court and said he didn’t commit this crime. Understand we presented evidence that he didn’t commit this offense. all the evidence suggests he’s right so he’s not happy. he’s understands this is part of the judicial process.”

But Taylor and Heidi Truman’s mother were relieved he will remain behind bars for the time being.

“My family is pleased at the judge’s decision today that he will remain in prison,” said Janet Wagner, Heidi’s mother. “The (new) trial is horrendous but we are in for the long ru. and we are thankful and hopeful for the same outcome.”

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

 

feedingamerica

Utah Coronavirus

More Coronavirus Updates

IN FOCUS

More In Focus

Justice Files

More Justice Files

Trending Stories