PORT-AU-PRINCE, HAITI (ABC4 News) – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints dedicated their temple in Port-Au-Prince, Haiti on Sunday.
It’s the church’s first temple in the country.
The temple was announced on April 5, 2015, broke ground on October 28, 2017, and held a public open house from August 8th through the 17th of 2019.
Church officials say this is the second temple in the Caribbean, following the Santo Domingo Dominican Republic Temple.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Centerville man arrested after refusing to return car, and saleman back to dealership
- Navajo Nation: 12 new cases of COVID-19 and no new deaths
- Tighter Covid-19 restrictions on the way?
- UPDATE: Missing Idaho man died after falling 1000 feet in High Uintahs
- 3,114 Utahns Test Positive for COVID in 3 days