PORT-AU-PRINCE, HAITI (ABC4 News) – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints dedicated their temple in Port-Au-Prince, Haiti on Sunday.
It’s the church’s first temple in the country.
The temple was announced on April 5, 2015, broke ground on October 28, 2017, and held a public open house from August 8th through the 17th of 2019.
Church officials say this is the second temple in the Caribbean, following the Santo Domingo Dominican Republic Temple.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Police: 3 men arrested in theft of gear from visiting firefighters helping battle Range Fire
- Several counties moved to high COVID-19 transmission level as case counts stay high
- Third-degree murder charge against Derek Chauvin dismissed in George Floyd death
- New record high, over a million people tested, Utah reports 1,543 new COVID-19 cases, six more deaths
- Governor Herbert briefs Utah on the current pandemic situation and rise in cases