PORT-AU-PRINCE, HAITI (ABC4 News) – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints dedicated their temple in Port-Au-Prince, Haiti on Sunday.
It’s the church’s first temple in the country.
The temple was announced on April 5, 2015, broke ground on October 28, 2017, and held a public open house from August 8th through the 17th of 2019.
Church officials say this is the second temple in the Caribbean, following the Santo Domingo Dominican Republic Temple.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Utah family arrives home after cruise ship denied at multiple ports due to COVID-19
- VIDEO: Trooper successfully stops wrong-way DUI driver on I-80
- Woman accused of being topless with stepkids takes plea deal
- Mom of 2 missing Idaho kids wants $5 million bail reduced
- Sandy police looking for missing 13-year-old boy