CARBON COUNTY (ABC4 News) – Authorities released body camera footage in connection with a deadly officer-involved shooting in Carbon County.
With approval from the Carbon County Attorney, the Carbon County Sheriff’s Office released the video of the shooting that resulted in the death of Bobby Ray Duckworth.
The video released Friday shows how quickly the situation escalated.
A Wellington police officer shot and killed 26-year-old Duckworth on September 10 after responding to a suicidal subject near 900 E Railroad Avenue by Knight Ideal Community Fishing Pond.
When the officer responded to the call, he said Duckworth had a knife in each hand.
In the video, the officer appears to be familiar with Duckworth and tried to talk him down for several minutes before Duckworth began to move toward him.
In a letter to Wellington County chief of police, the Carbon County attorney said he found “no criminal conduct” and “declined prosecution in this matter.”
Watch body camera footage of the shooting. The video shows the interaction up until the moment the officer opened fire. The footage is graphic and contains strong language. Viewer discretion is advised. See the entire video provided by Carbon County here.
Law enforcement officials provided a detailed explanation of the footage. Watch below.
- Citizens volunteer to clean up over two tons of garbage at popular SLC shooting range
- Latter-day Saint #LighttheWorld campaign to begin Dec. 1
- Coats 4 Kids: Drop-off locations and how to help
- Dixie Regional sees more ICU patients than ever before in hospital’s history, officials say
- Utah AG urging Congress to extend CARES Act through 2021