UPDATE 10:25 a.m.: Police have identified the victim as 31-year-old Taylor Kauvaka of Salt Lake City. Two men have been arrested in connection with the shooting. 18-year-old Alekzander Ethan May of Midvale and Edgar Esquivel, 19, of West Jordan.
MILLCREEK, Utah (ABC4 News) – Unified police are investigating a deadly shooting in Millcreek early Wednesday morning.
Police were called to the Dominguez Park Senior Apartments near 3900 South and 700 West just before 2 a.m.
Unified Police confirm that a man in his 30’s was shot and killed on the sidewalk at the entrance to the apartment complex.
They also confirm that they have several suspects in custody and several witnesses that are still being interviewed. Police say they recovered the gun used in the shooting after an extensive search.
UPD plans on making an arrest sometime on Wednesday.
The name of the victim and the suspects are not being released at this time.
This is a developing story and will provide updates as they become available.
What others are clicking on:
- WD-Sporty: Cougars pack a punch, Utes find a QB
- Active fire currently burning in Millard County, crews on scene
- UPDATE: Body discovered in Grand Teton Park consistent with Gabby Petito’s description
- Why can’t we just move water to solve a drought?
- At least 75 animals die at Central Texas pet resort in late night fire