UPDATE 10:25 a.m.: Police have identified the victim as 31-year-old Taylor Kauvaka of Salt Lake City. Two men have been arrested in connection with the shooting. 18-year-old Alekzander Ethan May of Midvale and Edgar Esquivel, 19, of West Jordan.
MILLCREEK, Utah (ABC4 News) – Unified police are investigating a deadly shooting in Millcreek early Wednesday morning.
Police were called to the Dominguez Park Senior Apartments near 3900 South and 700 West just before 2 a.m.
Unified Police confirm that a man in his 30’s was shot and killed on the sidewalk at the entrance to the apartment complex.
They also confirm that they have several suspects in custody and several witnesses that are still being interviewed. Police say they recovered the gun used in the shooting after an extensive search.
UPD plans on making an arrest sometime on Wednesday.
The name of the victim and the suspects are not being released at this time.
This is a developing story and will provide updates as they become available.
What others are clicking on:
- ‘U.N.I.T.E.D.’ New University of Utah Police Chief announces updates to U of U mission statement
- Fire crews work to contain wildfire near Goshen
- Lawmakers hope other teams will follow Redskins’ lead
- Kroger cashiers stop giving customers coins for change amid shortage spurred by pandemic
- Utah earthquake declared presidential disaster, SBA assistance now available