IRON COUNTY (ABC4 News) – Utah Highway Patrol have identified the two individuals who died in a rollover in Iron County on Sunday morning.
The crash happened on Interstate-15 near the Paragonah interchange, north of Parowan when the drier of a 2003 Honda Odyssey van occupied by a family of 4 was traveling northbound in the area of milepost 82 at 7:25 a.m.
The right rear tire of the van failed and the driver lost control. The van traveled into the median and rolled twice.
A 14-year old Zahara Ismael and a 74-year old Hamdiyan Salman, who were riding in the second row seat and were not wearing seat belts. Both were ejected when the van rolled. The girl died on scene and the woman died from her injuries while at the hospital.
A female driver and male passenger were wearing their seat belts and received non-life threatening injuries. They were transported to local hospitals for treatment.
Traffic was routed off I-15 at exit 82 northbound to bypass the crash scene. The detour lasted for approximately 2.5 hours and had minimal impact to traffic.
An inspection of the vehicle revealed the vehicle had multiple equipment violations and was not safe to drive on the roadway.
Both Victims were from San Diego, CA.
What others are reading now:
- Driver runs red light in Sandy, causes multi-vehicle crash
- Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett was trustee at private school with anti-gay policies
- Parents of 545 children separated at border can’t be found, court-appointed lawyers say
- ‘Vote for Trump or else’: Voters receive threatening email
- COVID-19 survivor walks out of rehab after being pronounced brain dead