BOUNTIFUL, Utah (ABC4 News) – The Bountiful Police Department is asking the public to help them find a suspect in a car burglary.
Bountiful Police say in 24 hours, they handled 10 vehicle burglaries and in all the cases the cars were unlocked.
Police are reminding the public to always lock their cars and remove any valuable items from the vehicle.
Vehicle burglaries are crimes of opportunity, which means the bad guy is just looking for unlocked vehicles with high valued items such as bags, purses, phones and so on, according to police.
Police are advising the public to be vigilant and protect their belongings.
Anyone with information about the suspect in question is encouraged to call Bountiful police at 801-298-6000.
Two days after this report police shared video of the suspect:
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Utah kid on journey to solve homelessness
- Firefighters battle apartment fire in Salt Lake City
- Haynie family funeral: Father and son speak of faith, community support and keeping memories alive as they move forward
- Utah zoo disputes placement on ‘Worst Zoos for Elephants’ list
- U.S. mayors say their cities need money, infrastructure at meeting with Pres. Trump