BOUNTIFUL, Utah (ABC4) – Two bobcats were caught on camera prowling around a Bountiful neighborhood, early Monday.
Chris Moore, a Bountiful resident, discovered the big cats in action; lounging in his backyard.
There are no reports of injuries as a results of the sighting.
Wild Aware Utah, Hogle Zoo representatives, say Bobcats can be found in many different habitats throughout Utah, from deserts and forests to swamps and grasslands.
Bobcats are solitary and mainly active at dawn and dusk but can sometimes be seen during the day, Wild Aware Utah shares.
Officials add that males and females only associate during the breeding season, which typically runs December through April.
Learn tips on avoiding conflicts with bobcats by visiting https://www.wildawareutah.org/wildlife/bobcats/
- Biden to lay out plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Utah’s largest pedestrian bridge opens at Utah Valley University
- Major closure ahead on Bangerter Highway
- Lawmakers seek to award officer with Congressional Gold Medal for Capitol riots heroism
- New documentary during the Civil Rights era