DRAPER, Utah (ABC4 News) – The annual Blue Mass at St. John the Baptist church took place in Draper Sunday.
The service is designed to honor law enforcement, firefighters and first responders. Law enforcement from Salt Lake City, Sandy, UHP, Unified Police, and the attorney’s general office were all in attendance.
A special prayer was offered for those who attended. The prayer thanked the men and women who put their lives on the line each and every day.
A moment of silence was also held for “Hondo” the K9 who was killed in the line of duty during a fugitive chase in Salt Lake City last week.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Empty Utah: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Conference Center and Temple Square
- Empty Utah: The Shops at South Town
- President Nelson announces construction of 8 new temples throughout the world, one in Utah
- Mountain America Expo Center turned into alternate care site
- Tiger at NYC’s Bronx Zoo tests positive for coronavirus