NEW YORK (AP) — Amazon is looking to kickstart holiday shopping early this year.
The company said Monday that it will hold its annual Prime Day sales event over two days in October That’s because the pandemic forced it to be postponed from July.
It’s the first time the sales event is being held in the fall.
Even before Amazon’s announcement, major retailers have said they planned to push shoppers to start their holiday shopping in October, hoping to avoid crowds in their stores in November and December.
This year’s Prime Day, which will run from Oct. 13 to Oct. 14, is sure to put pressure on rivals to offer deals around the same time.
- How to celebrate Halloween safely in 2020
- Stimulus update: Pelosi pushes White House on virus testing as cases surge
- Ready to hit the slopes? Opening dates of each ski resort in Utah
- Southwestern Utah sees biggest COVID-19 spike, 4 deaths in 2 days
- Orange and Blue Report: Did the Chiefs beat the Broncos, or did the Broncos beat themselves?