(ABC4 News) – Three people were killed in a crash Sunday evening on SR-89 in southern Utah have been identified.
Troopers said the those killed in the crash are Aurtro V Torres, 31, of Salt Lake City, Renae Cobain, 19, of Magna, and Laura D Cobain-Rodriguez, 27, of Salt Lake City.
According to Utah Highway Patrol, a Ford van was traveling north on SR-89 when it veered into oncoming traffic hitting an Acura SUV head-on. The three people in the Acura were all fatally injured. The driver of the van was taken to Dixie Regional Hospital by helicopter, with serious injuries.
A third vehicle hit debris from the crash but the driver was uninjured. The van also caught fire after the crash.
Those killed in the crash and the driver of the van have not been identified pending notification of their families. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
What others are reading:
- Local leaders react to Saturday’s protest in Salt Lake City
- Volunteers help clean up Capitol building after peaceful protest turns violent
- Governor Herbert issues statement following protests in Salt Lake City
- U.S. Attorney responds to statement from U.S. Department of Justice
- President of Auburn University posts letter on the current state of the nation