(ABC4 News) – Three people were killed in a crash Sunday evening on SR-89 in southern Utah have been identified.
Troopers said the those killed in the crash are Aurtro V Torres, 31, of Salt Lake City, Renae Cobain, 19, of Magna, and Laura D Cobain-Rodriguez, 27, of Salt Lake City.
According to Utah Highway Patrol, a Ford van was traveling north on SR-89 when it veered into oncoming traffic hitting an Acura SUV head-on. The three people in the Acura were all fatally injured. The driver of the van was taken to Dixie Regional Hospital by helicopter, with serious injuries.
A third vehicle hit debris from the crash but the driver was uninjured. The van also caught fire after the crash.
Those killed in the crash and the driver of the van have not been identified pending notification of their families. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
What others are reading:
- Those struggling with opioid misuse can call 2-1-1 for support, treatment options
- PLAYOFF PREVIEW: Round 2 – Green Bay Packers head to San Francisco with Super Bowl berth on the line
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band
- Police searching for suspect in Eagle Mountain armed robbery