SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – 21 documented gang members and associates of several “home-grown” white supremacist gangs around Salt Lake City and Ogden have been arrested for federal drug and firearm distribution charges.
The 15 indictments were unsealed on Friday after what the Department of Justice calls “a strategic, intelligence-based Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force investigation (OCDETF) of Soldiers of Aryan Culture (SAC) members, Silent Aryan Warriors (SAW) members, Noble Elect Thugs (NET) members, and associates.”
The unsealed indictments allege these individuals face charges including distribution of methamphetamine, possession of a firearm by a felon, and possession of a firearm during a narcotics trafficking offense.
The investigation started in June 2019 with the ATF and the two gang units joining together targeting drug and firearms trafficking activities throughout Salt Lake City, West Valley City, and Ogden City by SAC members.
Many of the defendants have been involved in criminal conduct in Utah communities for many years. In two of the cases, their criminal history allowed prosecutors to seek a significant federal sentencing enhancement should they be convicted of the charges.
Around 1.65 pounds of methamphetamine and 15 firearms were purchased during the investigation.
The following individuals were arrested as a result of this investigation:
- Jordan Anderson, aka Bones, Age: 26, West Valley City
- Justin William “Hollywood” Austin, Age: 34, residence unknown
- James William Broadhead, Age 43, Rose Park/Salt Lake City
- Jared Loren Brown, aka Jared Loren Simiskey, Age 31, West Jordan
- Michael Byrd, aka Cheeto, Age 44, Sandy
- Jerrad Luis Colvin, Age: 35, residence unknown
- **Timothy Cox, age 40, Ogden
- Amanda Lee Graham, aka Amanda Lee Bates, Age 37, Salt Lake City
- Jesse Harris, age 34, Roy
- Heather Brooke Hebdon, aka Heather Ortegon, Maiden Hebdon, Hymie Sativa Hepdon, Heatther Holiday, Heather Kuikendall, Married Obermiller, age 45, Clearfield
- Brian Christopher Jenson, age 29, Garland
- **Timothy Daniel Jepsen, aka Special K, age 34, Riverdale
- Bret Miller, age 41, Ogden
- Johnathan Dale Miller, age 35, Plain City
- Thomas James Radford, age 45, Idaho/Salt Lake City
- Tyler William Riding, age 27, Ogden
- Chance Robinson, aka “HK”, age 39, Provo
- Richard Francis Ryan, age 53, Salt Lake City
- Clinton Dean Spencer. 42, Cedar Hills
- Steven Mack Swena, age 43, West Valley City
- Cody Kelly Wright, age 34, residence unknown
Sentencing enhancements for those with a ** next to their name are facing a potentially double statutory maximum sentence or their mandatory minimum sentence.
11 defendants were arrested Wednesday. Another 10 were already in custody. Defendants in the cases will make initial appearances on the indictments in the coming weeks. Several are in state custody on other state criminal charges.
Agencies assisting in the organized crime investigation include the ATF, U. S. Attorney’s Office, the Ogden Police Department, the Unified Police Department, the U.S. Marshals Service, the Salt Lake Area Metro Gang Unit, the Ogden Metro Gang Unit, the Weber Morgan Narcotics Strike Force, West Valley City Police Department, and the Utah Department of Public Safety’s State Bureau of Investigation.
Indictments are not findings of guilt. Individuals charged in indictments are presumed innocent unless or until proven guilty in court.