SALT LAKE COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Two Utah Highway Patrol vehicles were hit in separate incidents Wednesday.
A troopers car was sideswiped in Weber County on I-15 at 31st Street while another trooper was rear-ended on I-215 at Redwood in Salt Lake County.
The suspect who hit the trooper on I-215 reportedly fled the scene. Troopers say they pursued the suspect for a short time but stopped the pursuit because they had a solid lead on the suspect.
The suspect in the I-215 crash was later apprehended and is now in custody, according to troopers. They say the suspect is a parole fugitive but his name has not yet been released.
The patrol car that was rear-ended on I-215 had a trooper inside at the time of the crash but officials say he is fine.
This is a developing story. Updates will be provided as they become available.
What others are reading:
- Two-thirds of Americans suffer from election anxiety – here’s what can help
- The 421st is home! Hundreds of HAFB Airmen return home for 14 days of quarantine
- How to celebrate Halloween safely in 2020
- Stimulus update: Pelosi pushes White House on virus testing as cases surge
- Ready to hit the slopes? Opening dates of each ski resort in Utah