CARBON COUNTY (ABC4 News) – A 12-year-old boy is dead after a crash in Carbon County.
Carbon County deputies were dispatched to a crash involving a car and a motorcycle on Upper Miller Creek Road around 5:15 p.m. on Friday.
Emergency personnel attended to the victim, a 12-year-old boy. The victim was transported to Utah Valley Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.
Investigators later determined the boy was driving a dirt bike traveling west on a dirt road to the east of Upper Miller Creek Road. The boy left the dirt road and entered Upper Miller Creek Road at the same time a Chevrolet SUV was traveling northbound.
The driver saw him and attempted to slow down and move into the southbound lane to avoid a collision. However, the the boy on the dirt bike crashed with the SUV and sustained fatal injuries, investigators said.
Deputies said no citations were issued in connection with crash.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- What’s the process following an officer-involved critical incident in Salt Lake County?
- Heat intensifies by end of the week
- Police release body cam video, seek suspects in SLC riot
- Utah student face-covering guidelines, who decides them?
- You may get to see a new comet with only the naked eye